Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Motherhood is a Blessing

                

               Motherhood is a Blessing

                 One night before going to bed I asked my almost three-year-old-son what will be his little brother’s second name ( I am 7-month pregnant and we have Josiah as the baby’s first name). My son seems to be thinking and then blurted out “Bear” “Josiah Bear” and laughed out loud. I and my husband could not help joining him in laughing. I can’t help myself from laughing because of the way he said it and the way he laughs. Oh my boy! =)

                That’s one great moment of being a mother. Motherhood is a blessing and really fulfilling. At the end of the day even if I am so tired, a glimpse of my son’s smiling face can wipe away all the tiredness and weariness of the day. I am actually excited and looking forward to the day when I can spend my whole day being at home and just look after my growing family. Right now I am working at a government office but will soon resign (after giving birth) to take care of my “will be two sons”. It will be financially challenging being my husband as the sole provider of the family’s (financial) needs but I believe it will emotionally and spiritually fulfilling. I have been longing for the day where I can just stay home like an old-fashion woman who tends to her family personally. Some women prefer working outside the home and that isn’t bad since they are contributing to the financial needs of the family (I have been doing it ever since) while some women prefer to stay at home to personally look after their family. I have been working for eleven years now since I graduated from college and almost three years of it was spent working while my mother looks after my son. It is difficult especially when my son started talking.

                One day, I am about to go to work I told him, “Bye Joash Paul, Mommy’s going to the office now, see you later”. My son replied, “No, Mommy stay in the house only”. That statement pierced my heart and it made me realized that my son needs me to be there. Really be there for him. Grandma is okay but he needs his mother. I almost cried right there and then at that time. It takes a lot of courage not to give in at that moment. I just told my son, “Soon my son, soon, mommy will not leave for work anymore and will stay here with you”. I went to the office that day thinking about my son, my husband… my family…

                I know I’ll be facing a great challenge ahead but by God’s grace I will be able to fulfill the duty of motherhood that God bestows upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment