Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Urban Gardening



Ecclesiastes 11:4 - He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.







I am so happy to see these hanging from my little garden. The days of waiting are over, I can finally see the fruit of labor. September is a stormy month (with 2 typhoons in two weeks) and I and my husband fear that our squash will all be gone by the time the storm is over. But thank God they are still hanging in there after the storm (though the biggest one is missing) =)




Urban gardening is a challenge with limited space plus cold weather, I do not expect the fruits to reach maturity since most of the fruits were either eaten by insects or birds or just wilted away due to cold weather. But I am not discourage as long as I can see some fruits. We also have some tomatoes which will bear fruits too in a matter of months. I am planting now so we can have some in the coming months. Some other plants are bearing fruits too like the "Upo" (bottle gourd) and beans. Exciting! Thank God for these=) what a blessing!

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for the coming harvest of fruits for you! The photo looks lovely, and I hope they do come fully to maturity :) I admire your effort. God bless you richly in every way and keep you safe from bad weather, too!
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing is right! There is nothing better than the taste of home-grown veggies! Have a lovely weekend Jang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Ma'am Jes, nothing beats home-grown veggies, its all natural, organic;-)

      Delete