Okay, so you wanted to make some goodies like cupcakes but you have no oven. Don't worry you can still make cupcakes or cakes without a microwave oven. I too struggle with the desire and inability to do so then I found this recipe and viola! I've been using this moist, no-bake, steamed carrot cupcakes ever since and it never fails me.
My mom also became a fan of this recipe and a friend too and soon became a family favorite. This recipe is so simple and it doesn't take so much time to make. Another good thing about this is that I used the same recipe to make banana cake. So here we go:
½ cup sugar (I always use brown sugar but you can use white)
½ cup vegetable oil
1 & ½ cup grated carrots
½ cup crushed pineapple or tidbits
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Sift twice
3. Mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, grated carrots and crushed pineapple in another bowl.
4. Mix until well blended
5. Pour dry mixture into the wet mixture (number 1 into number 3=)
6. Mix until well blended. Make sure there are no lumps.
7. Spoon the batter into prepared cupcakes molder.
8. Steam for about 10 minutes.
9. If the top cracks open or an inserted toothpick comes out clean then it’s good to go.
· Top with whipped cream (optional)
· You can also add chopped almond nuts or cashew nuts to the list of ingredients (optional)
Now for the Banana cake, I used the same ingredients except for the pineapple and of course I used banana instead of carrots =) Same procedure too.
You can also make this using an oven toaster but it won’t be as moist as the steamed one.
There you go, as simple as that. Leave a comment for any questions and if you ever try this, tell me how’d it go.
Happy Eating! =)